7 tips for choosing a tractor trailer
When choosing a tractor trailer, one should ask the following questions:
- with what kind of tractor will the trailer be used (horsepower, oil capacity, tractor type)?
- what materials will mainly be transported?
- how long will the distances be?
- what kind of ground will the trailer mainly be used on?
- how will the trailer be loaded?
- what are the maximum lifting heights for existing equipment?
- are there any special conditions? If so, what are they (such as the height of the warehouse door through which the trailer must fit, or the height of the ceiling in the room in which the trailer will be used when in a tilted position)?
There are very many different aspects of choosing the best tractor trailer that one should consider before making a decision. Some of our tractor trailers have very narrow range of possibilities how to use it, others have the possibility to use them for various purposes. For example, the grain trailer, when adding bale holders and removing the side panels, can easily be transformed to a platform trailer for hay and silage bales or fertilizer bags. Not to mention our multipurpose conveyor belt trailer with grain transfer screw feeder PT9820 FLOW. About our most sophisticated and full of cool features live bottom tractor trailer read here. We also have machinery trailer that can be transformed to platform trailer when adding removable bale holders.
The decision should also depend on the quality of tractor trailer. Many agricultural trailer producers have low price, but their quality goes according to the price. If one wishes to have a long lasting and strong trailer, there should be considered more details. For example:
- What is the delivery time? 1 year or 2-3 months
- Where are the components from? Are they well-know and quality parts like ADR from Italian best producer, BWT from Germany, like Palmse Trailer has.
- What is the thickness of the box? Cheaper are usually thinner: they don’t last long and start to rust faster.
- How the trailer is made? Hand welding in a small garage or robot welding in controlled environment with ISO9001 certificate for work process.
- How easy it is to get spare parts in the coming years? We have 20 years of experience.
- Will the producer be still in business after 10 years so I can get new components if needed? We have 20 years of experience.